n the Care Opinion website you will be able to tell your story anonymously and tag it to the appropriate service. Your feedback will be on a public platform and the right people will hear about your experiences. All stories on Care Opinion are carefully moderated, which makes this is a safe process for both authors and staff.
Your story should include some elements to fit the following 2 headings:
- Observations about the care experienced by patients you met during your placement. What was good about the care, what did you think could be improved? What did people do and what systems were in place to support good care? What was missing when improvement was needed?
- How did the placement support your learning? This might include developing your skills or knowledge both theoretical and in practice. It might also include access to supervision, and any environmental factors which either helped or hindered your professional development in this time.
It’s very important to note that whilst we are inviting critical comments as well as positive ones, Care Opinion should not be used as a means to flag up urgent concerns. These may include concerns about vulnerable adults, clinical practice or any elements of abuse that may put patients at risk. You should do this in the normal way as prescribed by your HEI.
- Do identify yourself as a student nurse
- Do tag your story to the right hospital or service
- Do be critical if necessary but also be constructive and say what can change
- See here for an example of student nurse feedback.
If you have any question, lease do contact us on email@example.com