We share our data
Care Opinion Ireland sees the patient feedback published here as as a public resource which can and should be re-used for wider public benefit.
So we're gradually developing a few ways to make it easier for other sites and application developers to do something with the feedback we collect Please note that feedback on Care Opinion Ireland is licensed for re-use under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 licence.
Atom and RSS feeds
You'll find feed icons on many site pages. These give you access to Atom or RSS feeds of published postings about particular services. You can filter the feeds in a few ways. For more on this, see our feeds information.
We also provide read-only access to published postings, with their linked tags, services and responses, for application developers. Please refer to our API documentation for more details.
Which should I use?
If you're not sure, then you probably want our feeds. You should use our Atom or RSS feeds if
- you're not too sure what you're doing
- you'd like to show some recent postings from Care Opinion Ireland on your site
- you're using some blog software which already understands feeds
You should use our API if
- you know how to process xml
- you want to retrieve arbitrary sets of postings
- you want to page through sets of postings
Here's an example of our API in use on the NHS Local website