Withdrawing a story
You can withdraw any story which you have posted on this site, if you change your mind about sharing it. You can withdraw a story before or after it is published.
If you withdraw a story, then
- you will still be able to see it if you log in
- nobody else will be able to see it, or any responses which it has
Once the story is withdrawn, you can't change your mind and republish it.
How do I withdraw my story?
To withdraw a story, follow these steps:
- Log into Care Opinion.
- Follow the "Your stories" link at the top of the page.
- You will see a list of the stories you have posted on Care Opinion. Select the story you want to withdraw.
- On the story page, click "withdraw your story". If you are sure you want to go ahead, confirm your choice.
Your story will be withdrawn immediately. This action cannot be undone.
How does this work with NHS Choices?
If you originally submitted your story using NHS Choices (England only), then:
- we can't remove it from NHS Choices for you. You must contact NHS Choices directly and ask for your story to be removed
- we can remove it from our site, if we are displaying it: please contact us and we will remove it.
If you originally submitted your story on Care Opinion, we might have shared it with NHS Choices. If so, then when you withdraw the story from Care Opinion, we will automatically ask NHS Choices to remove it too.
Last updated 19/01/2021