Ideas for CCG Member Practice Engagement
GPs and their staff are in an ideal position to promote Care Opinion to their patients, in an open and easy way that will support your commissioning agenda.
Every GP, in every surgery, every day listens to patients share their experiences (good and bad), frustrations and perceptions NHS care.
By using Care Opinion to capture these views and experiences your constituent GPs and their patients will have a near real-time opportunity to provide feedback and have an impact on your CCG’s commissioning decisions.
How you might want to seek practice engagement
- Your organisation’s subscription to PO enables you to identify a large number of individuals each of whom can receive email alerts regarding a service or trust in which they have a particular interest. This can include representatives from your practices (GPs, Practice Nurses, Practice Managers, admin staff etc.)
- The functionality of PO is such that you can produce bespoke reports and have them emailed to interested individuals. For your practices this might include reports of views expressed by patients in their area; reports on views expressed about specific service areas, eg maternity care, to provide an added dimension to clinical audits etc; and/or the reports at CCG level to support the wider commissioning agenda.
- We have developed a ready-made story-submission widget which enables patients to easily submit their stories from another organisation’s own website, as well as a story-displaying widget which enables an organisation to display on their website the most recent stories about a local trusts. These could be promoted via the CCG and the practices’ websites.
- Linked to the above, you could explore with your practice TV info suppliers if the story displaying widget can also be presented via this route.
- You could provide an icon to sit on the each GP desktop which, as a patient shares their views the GP can quickly print-off information about how to access and use Care Opinion. PO can provide you with a PDF of this information if you would like it.
- We have a wide range of promotional materials which you can print off by using the artwork files and which could be widely distributed to and promoted within practices. (Alternatively, for a small fee we can provide high quality pre-printed versions).
If you are considering arranging a practice engagement event and would like to explore with how practices might use Care Opinion to help inform commissioning please get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to help further on 0114 281 6256